The Metropolitan Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. is proud to support our community through the establishment of the Boost Scholarship Program for talented African-American seniors attending high school in Manhattan. Scholarships are intended to provide support for undergraduate college attendance.
Scholarships will be awarded in recognition and support of students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills and a commitment to community service. Students must also have unmet financial need.
The Boost Scholarship Program reflects Jack and Jill’s commitment to the positive development of African-American youth through education. The goal of the Boost Scholarship is to provide opportunities for outstanding students with financial need to reach their highest potential.
- Graduating, African-American high school senior attending rediding Manhattan
- Intended full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year college institution within the United States. Final selection is based on acceptance.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstration of leadership potential
- Demonstration of dedication to community service
- United States citizenship
- Dependents of members of Jack & Jill of America, Inc. are not eligible.
- Complete the online application
- Conselor certification form, which must include a copy of the applicant's high school transcript
- Letters of Recommendation (2)
- A personal essay
A completed application must be submitted no later than June 15, 2019, to be eligible for consideration. Priority will be given to the first 50 applications received.
Notification of Award
Finalists will be notified of their candidacy no later than July 2019.
Please note: All application materials become the property of the Metropolitan Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc.